We’re back from 3 days of hustle and bustle in The Big Apple! We exhibited, networked and attended a handful of informative sessions. If you missed the show or just need a quick refresher, here are the top 15 takeaways from ASE14 in 140 characters or less…
- For ad optimization, test variations with no more than 3 ads per ad set. Test copy, call-to-action and image.
- Go direct to advertisers for higher payouts. Check link on wheregoes.com to see entire path of affiliate links to find the true source.
- Adwords pro tip: use punctuation for longer headlines, ad extensions, keyword insertion.
- Free Shipping Is King! 69% of shoppers more likely to shop when free shipping is available.
- Google doesn’t want to make websites popular. They want to rank popular websites.
- Don’t use merchant data feed without editing, redirect links internally, moderate UGC, don’t sell out user trust.
- Recruit bloggers as affiliates. They bring new customers since they are typically first point of contact.
- Alternative attribution models incl time decay, first interaction, linear. Know the path your customers are taking and use most fitting one.
- DYK smokers and dog owners convert better for dating offers?!
- Don’t just Tweet, build “character” on social media.
- FB ads tip: expand your reach with “lookalike audiences” and use auto bid.
- People want to see ads that are educational, entertaining & evoke emotion.
- 5 pillars of affiliate management: recruitment, activation, policing, communicating, optimization.
- CPM works well for testing over CPC but be mindful of targeting. Better to learn lots about a smaller demographic.
- The biggest predictor of success? Grit!
You can also check out the slides from each session HERE. See you in Vegas in the new year for ASW15!