Here at WhatRunsWhere we have a very proactive and enthusiastic sales force. They are the deal closers and the main contact between our product and the consumer. A few other things that keep them on their toes are product demos, collaborating on strategy with the marketing team and attending tradeshows.
We recently unplugged and interviewed our Director of Sales: say hello to Conrad Bach!
1. First things first, tell us a bit about what you do at WRW?
My role is to generate new revenue through various channels, including some of my favourite industry shows such as ad:tech and Affiliate Summit.
2. What is your favourite part about working here?
The fantastic company culture and the ability to have an impact on a growing team.
3. When you’re not in the office, what are some of your favourite things to do?
Watching a Blue Jays game, playing scrabble, or spending a weekend at the cottage.
4. Name a couple of things that top your bucket list?
Dine at Noma in Copenhagen and Alinea in Chicago, take in a game at Fenway Park, bungee jump (I’ve already gone sky diving), backpack through Asia and learning to code.
5. What’s your best advice for those looking to pursue a successful career in sales?
Always make the extra effort to differentiate yourself from those around you; follow up in a creative way, stop by and drop off a resume in person, etc.
6. If you weren’t a Director of Sales, you would be a full-time ______________________.
General manager of a major league baseball team.
7. Name 3 things you can’t live without:
Baseball, hot sauce, and my car.