Knowing what your competition is doing is crucial to running a successful marketing campaign. If you don’t know what they are up to, it’s going to be difficult to beat them. Here’s how agencies can use our Display and Mobile Tools to gain real-time intelligence needed to:
- Buy media more efficiently and profitably
- Improve ad creative and copy
- Prepare better pitches
- Create more details campaign reports for client
- Stay ahead of competition
In this mock example, our client is Audi and our main competitor is BMW…
1) See what ad creative and copy your competitors are using. Take the elements that work (strong call-to-actions, catchy headers, etc.) and think about how you can apply them to enhance your own ads.
Easiest way to do this is type in the URL (www.bmw.com) and search By Advertiser. You can then filter the ads by network, country and time frame. Alternatively, if you are looking for more granular data, you can run a keyword search (BMW) and find ads by size, networks, countries, time frame, strongest performing ads, recently seen and recently discovered ads. If you want to see ads for ALL your competitors, do a generic “automobile” search and see ads for Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, etc.
2) Know where your competitors are advertising. Discover which traffic sources are working for your competition and even find new places to advertise.
If we run a search By Advertiser, we see that BMW places approximately 39% of their ads in GoogleAdwords and approximately 61% in Pointroll. You can also pinpoint exactly which sites they are advertising on by clicking Traffic Sources.
3) Don’t forget our handy Demographic Report feature. Here you can get a snapshot of BMW’s audience by age, gender, education level, browsing location and whether they have children or not.
Spending just 5 minutes following these tips can save you loads of time and money and give you the upper edge over your competition. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.